ALECSO holds working session with the
UAE National Commission for Education, Culture and Science
The Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (Culture Department) held a working session with the UAE National Commission for Education, Culture and Science, designed to follow up on the implementation of the resolutions of the 22nd Conference of Arab Culture Ministers, kindly hosted by the United Arab Emirates in December 2021.
The UAE National Commission was represented by Ms. Ibtisam Al-Zaabi, Expert at international Organizations, and Ms. Fatima Al Nsour, Expert at regional organizations.
ALECSO was represented by Dr. Mourad Mahmoudi, Secretary of the Executive Board and General Conference, and Acting Director of the Culture Department, Dr. Fethi Jerray, Expert at the Culture Department, and Mr. Hedi Al-Ghomari, Project Coordinator at the Culture Department.
The meeting discussed progress in the implementation of :
- The updated Comprehensive Plan for Arab Culture
- The “ALECSO Ambassadors” Project
- The draft five-year map of joint Arab files to be submitted for inscription on the UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- The joint Arab cultural project
- Progress of preparations for the 23rd Conference of Arab Culture Ministers, to be kindly hosted by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on December 7 - 8, 2022.
The meeting also addressed the activities that are scheduled to be implemented in cooperation and partnership with the UAE National Commission for Education, Culture and Science during the remaining months of 2022, and those planned for the financial year 2023-2024, the first year of ALECSO’s Action Plan (2023-2028).